January 6, 2017
got 25 minutes? you can get your yoga on. this practice focuses on our VINYASA sequence...it'll get your heart pumping and make you feel warm all over.
don't got 25 minutes? better do this one twice. with extra savasana.
more podcasts coming soon, including a 25-minute STANDING pose flow and a 25 minute FLOOR pose flow.
May 12, 2016
we've all been there. stuck in a hotel room with no yoga class in sight. you'd do a podcast, but with no mat, the hotel carpet makes downward facing dog downright difficult...and forget stepping into warrior 1...let alone getting up into wheel. but before you hit the minibar and channel surf, check this out. our "no-mat, no-time" on the road session. all the yoga you can do with just your self...and maybe a towel, since that carpet isn't looking so great to your face. this session stays away from anything that might be slippery...providing a light vinyasa, with arm work, leg work, core work and floor stretching. if you have extra time, repeat some segments...or add poses that work for your particular setup. no speakers, no headphones: no problem. here's the set list. take 3-8 breaths on each side in all the poses, complete the repetitions listed for the flows...or create your own pacing and rhythm. happy trails...
- child's pose
- cat/cow - 5-8 reps
- quadruped plank (from hands and knees, press into your feet and lift knees) - 3-5 breaths
- high plank - 3-5 breaths;
- high-to-low plank - 3 sets of 5 reps (option: one-leg planks on sets 2+3)
- high plank hold with alternating knee-to-elbow - 3 reps
- child's pose
- ragdoll - 5-8 breaths (option for chest expansion stretch, hands linked behind back)
- standing half series (mountain pose, fold forward, halfway lift, fold forward) - 3 reps
- utkatasana - 3-8 breaths
- utkatasana pulses (half squats) - 5-8 reps
- utkatasana to mountain pose (full squats) - 5-8 reps
- flowing/alternating utkatasana twists - 3-5 reps
- utkatasana twist and hold - 3-8 breaths on each side, fold forward between sides
- eagle -3-8 breaths
- dancer - 3-8 breaths
- tree - 3-8 breaths
- mountain pose, fold forward, halfway lift, step right foot back to low lunge
- bend and straighten back knee - 3 reps
- bend and straighten front knee - 3 reps
- step back to halfway lift, repeat on left side, step back to halfway lift
- step back to high plank hold - 5-8 breaths
- lower all the way to floor
- locust - 3-8 breaths
- bow - 3-8 breaths
- press to hands and knees
- boat - 3-8 breaths
- low boat - 3-8 breaths
- knees to chest and rock side to side
- legs straight up/upper body crunches - 8 reps
- bicycle twists - 8 reps
- knees to chest - belly twisting pose - 5 reps
- reclined pigeon- 5-8 breaths
- reclined hamstring stretch - 5-8 breaths
- reclined twist - 5-8 breaths
- happy baby - 3-8 breaths
September 14, 2015
our SLOW FLOW class at it's most gentle and basic. perfect for your first time or those days you want to slow down to catch up!
August 13, 2015
our basic FLOW sequence. breathe. bend. balance. be.
March 22, 2015
wanna squeeze a sweat in? we heard a lot of you do...
here's 30 minutes of strong flow, followed by a couple of minutes of good stretch.
looking for a 30-minute sweet stretch with just a little flow...stay tuned!
March 17, 2015
our new 90-minute saturday morning class...the pace slows down to really align and deepen each posture...keeping the practice challenging and energizing. this week: a focus on core stability and centering. grab your mat and let's go!
March 12, 2015
ok, actually about 70 minutes of happy. grab a mat and get yours!
February 19, 2015
our power sequence in 35 minutes flat. no holding poses, just a taste of each of the most common asanas you'll find in our classes. it's a complete, but light, practice when you need some extra time in your day.
January 4, 2015
get ready to wring out 2014 and bring a fresh start to 2015. we'll get you moving with lots of twists, sweat, and a bunch of laughs.
<em>recorded at the three dog studio at 8 a.m. on 01.03.15.</em>
October 30, 2014
plenty of power, with a focus on opening up for ease. bring your mat and get ready to sweat, three dog style.